Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A birthday moose and a thank you

For my daughter's birthday card this year I drew a moose carrying her presents. I thought it might make her grin. I am still experimenting with color, and though I'm not 100% satisfied, I think he was a good attempt.


As a thank you note for some friends who were far too generous for my birthday, I drew this silly turtle opening gifts. He's happy, if a bit overwhelmed. Not a perfect drawing, but another fun experiment in color.

For those that don't know, I've always drawn in pencil and ink, but never colored my sketches. This is something I'm having fun with, and hope to master so I can move forward with a bigger project.




1 comment:

lori said...

I love both of your cards Charity - especially the moose one. The drawings are cute and the colors you've chosen are perfect complements. You have loads of God-given talent!